Miss Christie was admitted to practice in Jamaica in 2014. She graduated from the Norman Manley Law School in 2014. Whilst at Norman Manley Law School, Miss Christie was awarded a place on the Principal’s Roll of Honour and was also the recipient of the following awards:
- The Sir Colin MacGregor Memorial Prize – most outstanding student over two (2) years in the areas of academic achievement, interest in legal aid, the Norman Manley Law School, discipline and attitude to society;
- The Courtenay Coye LLP Prize (Belize) – most outstanding student over two (2) years (Second Place);
- The Raphael Codlin Prize – most outstanding student over two (2) years (Shared);
- The Raphael Codlin Prize – most outstanding Year II student (Shared);
- The Sir Henry I.C. Browne Memorial Prize – the Year II student with the best combined performance over two (2) years in Civil Procedure & Practice, Criminal Practice & Procedure and Trial Advocacy;
- The Michael Nunes Memorial Prize – best performance in Law of Association;
- The Michael March Memorial Prize – best performance in Remedies (2013);
- The Grant Stewart Phillips & Co. Prize – best performance in Civil Procedure & Practice I and II over two (2) years (Shared);
- The Bruce B. Barker Memorial Prize – outstanding performance in Civil Procedure & Practice II (Shared);
- The Uriel H. Salmon Memorial Prize – best performance in Accounting Examination (Shared).
Miss Christie read for her Bachelor of Laws Degree (Hons) at the University of Technology, Jamaica. Whilst at this institution, Miss Christie maintained a place on the Dean’s Honour Roll for each academic year and was the recipient of various prizes for her outstanding academic performances. She is also the holder of a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree – Finance (Hons).
Despite being admitted to practice as an Attorney-at-Law in Jamaica in 2014, Miss Christie possesses extensive practical experience in the areas of Conveyancing and Registration of Titles, Probate Procedure & Practice, Family Law and Civil Litigation; having worked in these areas of law in other capacities since 2001.